Sunday, June 28, 2009

11 Months

So big in Mady's chair! I can't believe the next picture I take she will be 1 year old!

It's getting so hard to take her picture. This looks like a baby mug shot!

Time is flying and it just seems like last week I was writing her 10 month post. We are officially on the countdown to KK's 1st birthday on July 27 and her party on July 25. The theme will be backyard barbeque and we will have it at night when hopefully it's not as hot. As soon as we get back on Friday from our mini vacation, I have to order the invitations and get them out. The colors for her birthday party will be red and white gingham, so I'm trying to find everything red gingham that I can get my hands on! Here's what KK's been up to in month 11:
  • Is finally recovering from her bad cough/cold and lost a pound. She now weighs 17 pounds, 4 ounces


  • Went on her first beach trip to Crescent Beach for 3 nights. She loved the water, especially playing on the beach


  • Is on summer break and has been spending her days with mommy and Mady, so far we've been to the zoo and the library


  • Her hair is almost completely blond, except for one little strand of brown on the very top


  • Is wearing all of Mady's 12 month clothes that Mady probably wore when she was 15-18 months old!


  • Can walk all around the house pushing a push toy or a box or anything that slides


  • Doesn't really care for the chunkier foods, but she's getting there


  • Can drink from a straw (found this out today)


  • Babbles and talks non stop! Loves to scream!

  • Celebrated her first Father's Day with Jacob

  • We are officially counting down the weeks until we are done with formula and bottles! I can't wait to stop washing bottles and buying formula!

Jacob and I are leaving tomorrow for 4 glorious, kid free nights while we sail away to the Bahamas. It will be so hard leaving the girls, but I know they are in great hands between Mimi and my mom. I can't believe we're actually leaving them this long and KK's not even a year old. The longest we've left Mady is 3 nights. My how things change with your second! We will miss them tremendously, but know that we will come back relaxed and refreshed and even better parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment