Monday, June 1, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Today Mady started her swimming lessons at Double R. She will go every day for the next two weeks for one hour. She won't go on Thursdays because she has ballet class and you know, the big recital is coming up and she needs all the practice she can get. I let her pick out the bathing suit she was going to wear today last night before going to bed in the hopes that it would get her excited.

Well, I picked her up early from Mimi's house and by the time I got on the road she was whining. By the time I got out of her neighborhood she was full on crying, and by the time I got to the school she was kicking my chair and yelling. In the beginning I tried talking to her calmly telling her what a great job she did last summer when she was two, and now that she was three she was going to do great. Well, that didn't work so I just walked her right up and handed her over to her teacher. She was wailing and screaming, but within a few minutes she was sitting on her towel and I couldn't hear her crying anymore.

I sat off to the side where she couldn't see me and she did great! She listened and did as she was told. At the end she got a pink lollipop and was ready to go home. I reminded her that she was going back tomorrow and she didn't seemed phased. I'm guessing it's going to take a few days before she feels totally comfortable and isn't spasing. From what I saw today she is going to be swimming all over the pool when we go up to the condo in two weeks. She was kicking and moving her arms so well! I can't wait for Jacob to come up one day and watch her!

Here are a few pictures of my little swimmer. I didn't want her to see me so I took them from far away!
Waiting patiently for her turn. She saw me taking her picture!

Holding on and kicking hard!

More kicking!

No comments:

Post a Comment