Saturday, June 20, 2009

Splashground at the Zoo

On Friday we decided to head over to the Central Florida Zoo to renew our pass and visit the splashground. Right away when we arrived, I realized that this was going to be a quick trip and that I would never again go on a Friday afternoon in the summer. Why you ask? Because it seemed as if every summer camp within a 25 mile radius chose the zoo as their Friday field trip. UGH! This place was packed with at least 4 different camps in their neon bright camp shirts and crazy, unruly campers running around with frazzled camp counselors trying unsuccessfully to lasso their herd. We quickly did a loop of the animals and did manage to see: kangaroos, emus, elephants, leopards, porcupines, lemurs, snakes, and crocodiles. We headed over to the splashground and it was a mad house. I would have much rather been at Chuck E. Cheese's on a Friday night! Mady immediately took off for the splashground which really surprised me! Normally she doesn't like to get splashed by the fountains, but lately she's become Miss Independent and is venturing into bigger and better things. Kaitlyn could hardly contain herself and was squealing in delight. We wished we could've set her down on the ground and splashed, but there were so many kids running around that I was afraid she'd get run over. I did manage to set her down for a minute to snap a picture! We lasted at the zoo for about an hour and a half. It was fun and we accomplished what we set out to do: renew our pass so I can safely take the girls on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning in the hopes that there aren't any camps coming for a field trip!

KK splashing at the fountains. She just laughed and laughed as water squirted her in the face! Such a happy baby!


Mady taking a break and eating a snack. I think all the kids got to her after a while, especially after I got onto some for cutting in front of her (it's my inner teacher, I swear).

No comments:

Post a Comment