Sunday, May 17, 2009

Off to Church

In our matchy matchy dresses. Mom loves to dress us alike!

Posing in my dress all ready to go!

I'm walking around all the time! I also like to chew on my dress since my top teeth are coming in!
Today Jacob is taking the girls to his parents' house for the day. About once a month or so he takes them over there for the day and goes to church with them. I know his mom enjoys showing the girls off to all their church friends, and I enjoy having a day to myself! He's also going to help his dad finish my picnic table that he got me for Mother's Day. I hope his dad can bring it over one day this week or next. I can't wait to start using it! It will hopefully come in handy when we have KK's party in July.

While they're away I am going to get this mess of a house in order and then I'm off to the outlets with some friends. We're going to stop at Mall at Millenia for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and hopefully I'll pick up this rug at PBK that I've been wanting for Mady's room. It's been on back order forever! So, maybe I'll post a picture of it later if it's in stock.

Mady's Alice costume arrived yesterday. I had to make a big deal out of it and tell her how beautiful it was on her! Thank goodness my mom was here and told her how pretty it was! The apron is too big, so I'll have to get it altered before we leave on Friday. This is when it would be really handy to know how to sew. (Mental Note: Teach my girls how to sew, yeah right.)

Yesterday Jacob helped some friends move and then he had to chaperone the 8th grade dance at his school. He was gone almost all day and then left around 6 to go to the dance. This meant I had to do baths which I don't normally do. Thank goodness my mom came over to help me with the girls because wouldn't you know... KK pooped in the tub! I had just finished bathing both girls when she got that look on her face. Two seconds earlier, I said, "KK, why do you have that look on your face like you're about to do something?" And up they floated! Mady didn't need any help getting out, she was completely mortified! I scooped up KK and got her out. Thank goodness my mom was there and took care of the situation in the tub. Whew! I think Mady only did that once when she was KK's age.

Anyways, no big exciting events this week. Just another week of school that gets us closer to June 5! Mady gets her costume for her ballet recital this Thursday. I also have to learn how to do her hair and make-up. By make-up they mean blush, lipstick, and mascara. Now, I can barely put mascara on without accidently blinking and making a huge mess. Any tips on how to put mascara on a 3 year old? And for the record, I am totally opposed to make-up on a 3 year old and at first was not going to do it, but the teacher gave a really good rationale. She said the stage lights will completely blur their faces and in order to "see" them you have to put the make-up on. It makes total sense and so we will oblige.

So, everyone... have a great week! Hopefully this week will go by fast and not drag. Also, please pray for good weather this upcoming weekend. We have literally had zero rain in the past month and now it looks like it's coming! Hopefully it won't ruin any of our plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment