Saturday, May 9, 2009

Epcot Flower and Garden Festival

For Mother's Day I wanted to go to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. I've heard the flowers and characters were amazing, and they did not disappoint! Right when you walked into Epcot you were greeted by the princesses and even the seven dwarfs. Throughout the park we saw the characters from Beauty and the Beast, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, and Pixie Hollow which featured Tinkerbell and her fairy friends. There were several playgrounds set up around Epcot, but it was so incredibly hot, hardly any kids were playing on them. Mady did go to the water play area and got wet. I think she did this because she wanted to put on her new princess jammies that I had just bought her. Of course, she got soaked and I didn't have a change of clothes for her, so she walked around in her new princess jammies. So much for the matching outfits I had them wear! While we were in the World Showcase I showed Mady the restaurant in Norway that we're going to eat at with her friend when we come back for Memorial Day weekend. It's called the Princess Storybook Dining and features up to 5 princesses at dinner. Now I just have to start planning which princess costume Mady should wear! She's really picky and if the costume doesn't fit perfectly or something feels funny, she won't wear it.

After walking around for a few hours, we decided we had had enough and headed home. We're coming back in two weeks for Memorial Day weekend, but I think we'll go to the parks early and head back to the resort around lunch time. That's when it seemed to be getting really hot out! Tomorrow we are going to church and then out to lunch with my mom to celebrate Mother's Day with her. For Father's Day I was going to get Jacob a picnic table for outside. His dad builds them and I was going to have him build one for Jacob. Since Jacob knows that I really want one for outside, he surprised me with one for Mother's Day. He's going to his dad's next weekend to help him finish it and bring it home! I'm so excited because I know Jacob wasn't too thrilled when I told him that was his Father's Day present. Now I have to think of what to get him?

So, we'll be back to Disney in two weeks with our friends The Pearsons and their little girl, Emily. We can't wait to go and stay out there and have fun at the resort. We're debating if we want to bring Kaitlyn with us. She's really good for day trips, but it's totally exhausting. We're hoping the grandmas will want to split the weekend and each take her for two days! Of course, if she does come with us, we'll have a great time!


Mommy, Mady, and Snow White


Goofy playing tennis!


Mommy and KK in front of the ball!


Sorcerer Mickey!


Minnie Mouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment