Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Picnic and Some Bowling

Earlier in the week I received a huge picnic basket full of summer fun stuff for the girls from one of my students. All that Mady cared about was the big picnic basket and going on a picnic. We've gone on picnics at Trotwood Park and eaten McD's at Friendship Park, but I decided to take the girls on a real picnic. Jacob was at home doing some landscaping, so it was a perfect opportunity for me to take the girls out. We headed to Lk. Mills Park in Chuluota. I didn't want to take them just to a playground, so this was perfect. Mady loves exploring and all things nature, so we headed over to the park, had lunch, played on the playground, went to the lake, and walked on the boardwalk. Mady and Emily thought they were so grown-up because they led the way!












This summer I signed Mady and KK up for the Oviedo Bowling Center summer program. Basically you pay $15 per kid and they get to bowl 2 games a day and pay only $1 for shoe rental. We've only been to the bowling alley once back in January, but I figured this would give us something to do in the summer, out of the heat. A few of our friends have signed up as well. We had the bumpers up and the girls used the ramp to bowl. Mady helped KK whenever it was her turn and the girls had a blast!















No comments:

Post a Comment