Thursday, June 2, 2011

End of the Year and Miscellaneous Pics...

As the school year got closer to the end, I visited Mady's room as much as I could and took pictures of her. She didn't seem to mind when I came in, and all the kids knew me as "Mady's Mom". Next year will be different since she'll be on the other side of campus, and I really want to let her go and be a kindergartner without her mom hovering around. That doesn't mean I won't be visiting when I can!



The Pre-K class got to visit PE one day with the Kindergartners. They got a sticker for bringing a water bottle. Today they were playing a game called "Ice Age" where they pretend to be an animal and then have to "freeze".






The Central Florida Zoo visited the Pre-K class last week. I've since decided that our zoo is nothing more than a glorified farm ever since the elephants left. Mady had the chance to pet an armadillo and snake!








On the last day of school Mady's class had an ice-cream party. I stopped by to take a picture of her with Bryce, her birthday buddy, and her two teachers, Mrs. Hunter and Mrs. Steihl.




Mady's end-of-year celebration included a performance by Mr. Richard, songs by the class, and a pizza and cake party, but I think I deleted those photos. I did put several pictures on facebook, though! I also had pictures of Mady giving her gifts to her teachers, but I have no idea where they went. Basically I bought Vera Bradley key chain wallets from Merle Norman and put Mady's school picture in them along with everyone's favorite gift. I then wrapped them with tissue paper and curling ribbon. Super cute and they loved them!



We are definitely ready for kindergarten and all the new challenges that it will bring! Many of the students in her class are zoned for Keeth and Rainbow, but 3 of her good friends are staying at Lawton, as well as some old friends that will be coming. We are looking forward to another terrific school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment