Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day!!

Since we were so busy over the weekend with Sea World on Saturday and Disney World on Sunday (just Jacob and I), I had to spend most of Sunday night in the kitchen preparing all the treats for the girls' valentines and teachers. For Valentine's Day this year Jacob and I decided to spend the day at Epcot and Magic Kingdom riding all the rides we don't normally ride. At Epcot we rode Soarin, Mission to Mars and Test Track. At the Magic Kingdom we rode Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road, and Space Mountain. Fun! I've also decided that my new hobby is collecting popcorn containers from Disney and using them as gift bags. I found the perfect one at Disney over the holidays, it was a Mickey shaped snowman, so I will not be parting with that one, but I have a few others I will give away. (Disclaimer: My best friend told me about this idea, so it was not my own!) After Disney it was time for Jacob to pick up the girls from the grandparent's house and for me to get busy in the kitchen. I made pink heart-shaped pancakes for the girls for breakfast, pink heart-shaped rice crispie treats for the girls' valentines, and red velvet cake balls drizzled with white chocolate for their teachers. I opted out of chocolate-covered strawberries this year since everyone seems to be making them. We did have them for dinner Monday night since Jacob and the girls love them!

At school Mady had her Valentine's Day party. I was lucky to come and stay with her for the party. We played candy heart bingo, colored valentine pictures, made valentine bags and had lots and lots of treats! After everyone was finished at the centers the kids sat in a circle and shared the valentine they brought for the class. Then the parents were in charge of distributing them to their bags. It worked out really well and Mady came home with a ton of stuff!



After school I went over to Mimi's house and helped with her party. KK handed out her valentines and then had cupcakes and cookies. We tried to get a group shot of the kids, but that was not easy. They got adorable gift bags from Mimi filled with candy and new clothes!



At home we had set-up a valentine display for the girls when they woke-up in the morning. They had balloons, princess candy boxes, new t-shirts, a toy each, and a heart-shaped chocolate chip cookie cake. Whew! Valentine's Day was exhausting, but so worth it! Everyone loved their gifts, even me!

No comments:

Post a Comment