Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mady's Skating Party

On Mady's actual birthday, February 24, our school was hosting a skating party at Semoran Skateway. Since Mady's real birthday party is on Saturday and for only her best girlfriends, we decided to have a mini skating party with boys the night of the school party. Since the chairwoman of the skating parties for Lawton is a parent of mine and someone I know well, she had no problem with me having Mady's birthday party the same night. (Can I just tell you how much I love working at Lawton and having connections!) I rented out the party room so that we could have our own private area to serve pizza, hotdogs, chips, drinks, and cupcakes. For the favors I found really cute stickers that said, "Mady is 5, Thanks for Coming". They also had a pair of roller skates on them. I used pink paper bags and put a sticker on them and filled them with M&Ms, Little Debbie brownies (Mady's favorite) and an assortment of mini chocolate candies.





For dessert I really didn't feel like bringing in a cake and having to do the whole messy cake-cutting, so I ordered cupcake toppers that matched the stickers and made funfetti cupcakes with pink frosting (Mady's favorite).


After the kids ate it was time to hit the rink. All of Mady's boy-friends were there to help her celebrate and skate on the little rink. Even the parents got into it and skated the night away! We even had Mimi there to help with KK and Jordan! It was a perfect birthday celebration and a perfect end to her actual birthday day! Happy 5th Birthday Madalyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment