Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gingerbread House Party

I love throwing parties, and I knew I wanted to throw a Christmas party. I wanted something unique and away from the ordinary, decorate cookies kinda party. While scouring the internet looking at invitations I found the cutest gingerbread men invites. I now had my theme, and what goes better with gingerbread men than gingerbread houses! I have a super easy way of creating and decorating houses that I knew a bunch of 2, 3, and 4 year olds could handle. We invited all our best friends and their families to our house on December 5 for our party. In total we had 8 families, plus all their kids. I wanted something unique for dinner, as well as kid-friendly so we had a hot dog bar. I think it was a major hit with all of the different toppings! For favors I found cute gingerbread men paper bags and filled them with a gingerbread man ornament, a gingerbread man children's book, gingerbread man soap, and a gingerbread man cookie cutter. The kids had an absolute blast creating their houses and the parents enjoyed helping their kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment