Friday, May 7, 2010

Valentine's Day

I know I'm a little bit out of order since Mady's birthday technically comes before Valentine's Day, but I still wanted to include what we did! The night before Valentine's Day Mady and I made treats for her friends as Mimi's. We decided to make pink rice krispie shaped hearts. They were simple to make and the only extra ingredient needed was red food coloring. We cut them out using a heart shaped cookie cutter and put them in plastic bags. Mady was excited to bring them to Mimi's the next day and share them with her friends.



We also decided to make Mimi a special valentine, so we made her a bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries. They turned out perfect and I had a few extra for Jacob and the girls to eat!



On Valentine's Day I always make the girls a cookie cake with their name on it. This year it didn't turn out so pretty, but they still liked it. I also had balloons on their individual chairs and a small gift waiting for them when they woke up.







Jacob and I celebrated Valentine's Day by going to the Hilton at Disney and walking around Epcot. This is one of my favorite things to do and we've now done it twice for Valentine's day. I love walking around the World Showcase and it was nice not having to bring the girls and all their stuff.


Jacob and the girls also surprised me with new charms for my Pandora bracelet. I got one from each girl and one from Jacob. My Pandora bracelet is quickly filling up!


We had a great Valentine's Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment